Certain things should be avoided by a professional when installing a water heater to ensure a reliable and effective installation. Take a closer look:
· Rushing the installation: Installing a water heater necessitates careful attention to detail as well as strict compliance with safety regulations. As such, a professional plumber will avoid rushing through the process of setting the unit up, as this can lead to errors or oversights that could cause future issues or safety hazards.
· Ignoring local building codes: Building regulations exist to ensure installation compliance and security. When installing your water heater, a professional plumber will adhere to these local building codes.
· Neglecting safety precautions: During the installation process, safety should be a top priority. Therefore, our plumbers will be wearing safety gear, turning off the power and water lines before beginning the installation, and following proper electrical wiring and gas connection procedures while prioritizing safety to prevent accidents or equipment damage.
· Improper exhaust venting: If you have a gas-powered water heater, improper exhaust venting could cause serious dangers to your health. Our technicians will never vent exhaust gases from gas water heater into enclosed areas or areas frequented by people, such as basements, to prevent carbon monoxide buildup.
· Overlooking proper water connections: It is critical to use the correct fittings, ensure secure connections, and prevent leaks when connecting water lines. Using the incorrect type of fittings or excessively tightening the connections can result in leaks, water damage, or burst pipes. To ensure leak-free connections, our team will utilize suitable plumbing materials from start to finish.
· Regular maintenance ignored: It is critical to maintain the water heater on a regular basis once it has been installed. Have a plumber inspect the unit on a regular basis, flush the reservoir to remove the accumulation of sediment, replace it and take care of any issues as soon as possible. Neglecting maintenance can reduce the lifespan of a water heater, resulting in reduced effectiveness or expensive fixes later on.
To ensure your new water heater installation in Ottawa is conducted correctly, it is absolutely essential that you do not attempt this project on your own. The installation should only be overseen by a professional plumber with the correct licenses and experience.
As such, if you’re overdue for a new water heater in your home, don’t hesitate to reach out to the team at Anchor Home Comfort for assistance! Our team has the necessary skills and tools to provide you with a quality installation that will benefit you and your home for years to come!
Make an appointment with Anchor Home Comfort for a professional water heater installation in Ottawa today. Our helpful staff is eager to help you and ensure that you have a constant supply of hot water in your residence. Reach out to us or use our secure online booking tool!